Mixed Veg Cutlets Recipe
Recipe type: Snacks
Vegetable cutlets,a great combination of vegetables and spices. . . It can be kept inside a burger bun or eaten as it is with tomato ketchup. . .
- 1 cup finely chopped potatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped french beans
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- ½ cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in ¾ cup water
- bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for deep-frying
- For Serving:
- tomato ketchup1 cup finely chopped potatoes ½ cup finely chopped french beans ½ cup finely chopped carrots ½ cup finely chopped cabbage 2 tbsp oil ½ cup finely chopped onions salt to taste ½ tsp chilli powder ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi) 2 tbsp plain flour (maida) ½ cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in ¾ cup water bread crumbs for rolling oil for deep-frying For Serving tomato ketchup
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the potatoes, french beans, carrots and cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water (approx. 2 tbsp) to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and plain flour, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher.
- Remove from the flame, transfer the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat oval.
- Dip each cutlet in the prepared plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.