Recipe type: Snacks
Halwa Bobbatlu is a most popular indian dessert.Learn how to make Halwa Bobbatlu using our easy to make homemadeHalwa Bobbatlu recipes. Try this homemade Halwa Bobbatlu cooking recipe at your home.
- Sooji / Semolina 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup
- Plain Milk 3 cups
- Plain Flour 1 cup
- Cashews 5
- Raisins 10
- Salt a pinch
- Ghee to taste
- Knead plain flour and salt into soft dough using enough water.
- Pat some ghee on top of the dough and keep covered for at least half an hour.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a pan on low flame, add cashews and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, add raisins and fry for few seconds.
- Remove and add semolina to the same pan.
- Fry until semolina turns golden brown and remove from heat.
- Bring milk to boil in a sauce pot, stir in fried semolina and sugar.
- Cook on medium flame until all the milk is absorbed or until semolina separates from the sides of pot.
- Make sure semolina is cooked and remove from heat.
- Once cooled, make lemon sized balls out of the cooked semolina and keep aside.
- Take lemon sized ball out of the prepared plain flour dough.
- Stuff the prepared semolina ball into the dough and flatten it on a greased zipper bag.
- Place the rolled out semolina puri for later use.
- Repeat the same until all the semolina balls are finished.
- Heat a flat pan on medium heat, place the rolled out puri.
- Fry on one side until golden brown, grease it with little ghee if you wish.
- Turn on other side and fry until golden brown.
- Repeat the same with remaining puris.
- Garnish with fried cashews and rasins and serve hot or cold.
You can also deep fry if you wish which then becomes puri / poori.