Sesame Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Recipe type: Curries
These chicken nuggets are incredibly delicious. They are tender on the inside and crunchy and chewy on the outside. If you like ginger, you will love these. Marinating them with the ginger really brings out the flavor. Feel free to make them spicy by adding more cayenne pepper. I like to have a dipping sauce with them for added flavor. Of course, you have to eat them with your fingers! Just make sure to wash them first
- 1 Tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Clove of Garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp Ginger, freshly grated
- Dash Cayenne pepper
- 2 Chicken breasts, no skin, no bone
- ½ cup Sesame seeds, raw
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Marinate them for about an hour in the refrigerator. The longer you marinate them, the stronger the flavors will get.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Coat the chicken pieces with the sesame seeds. Feel free to use twice the specified amount if calories are not a concern to you.
- Place them on parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Check with a thermostat to see when they are done. They should be at least 160°F.
- Serve with a dipping sauce consisting of mirin, soy sauce and cayenne pepper.
This meal is also great for children or anyone who is in the mood for some fun food. They also work well for a more elegant meal. The recipe would also work for whole breasts. Simply adjust the cooking time. Enjoy!