Recipe type: Curries
Prawns are the most popular type of seafood. Prawns is a good source of protein.Prawns contain lot of omega-3 fatty acids, fatty acids helps to prevent against heart disease and circulatory diseases.Prawns also contains high levels of vitamin B12, zinc, iodine, phosphorous, potassium, selenium and iron and have smaller quantities of calcium, magnesium and sodium.
- 2 lb prawns (cleaned)
- 1 big chopped onion
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- 3 tbsp cashewnuts
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp whole garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Add 2 cups of water to prawns and bring to a boil and cook for more 10 minutes on low heat, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai, add cumin seeds and mustards, let them splutter. Add cashewnuts and curry leaves, saute for few seconds on low heat, add finely chopped onions, fry till transparent.
- Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, saute for few more seconds, add cooked prawns, mix, covered, stirring between, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, whole garam masala powder and salt, mix well, covered, stirring between, cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, cook till completely dry and finally add finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Yummy prawns fry is ready to serve. Serve with white rice.