King Prawn kurma
Recipe type: Curries
This recipe for prawn kurma is a bit different from the usual kurma recipe but it is really easy to prepare and is tasty too. Hope that you all will enjoy it.
- Frozen King Prawns - Around 15 ( You can use raw prawns too. I have tried it with frozen and raw prawns. Both tastes exactly the same)
- Low fat yogurt - 3 tbsp
- Ricotta cheese - 3 tbsp (I used 1 tsp parmesan cheese)
- Ginger - 1 tsp grated
- Garlic - 1 tsp crushed
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Tomato puree(paste) - 1 tbsp (I used canned tomato paste)
- Coconut milk - 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cinnamom stick - ½ inch
- Green Cardamom pods - 2
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - To taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro - 1 tbsp, to garnish
- Wash and drain the prawns.
- Combine the yoghurt, cheese, paprika, garam masala, tomato paste, coconut milk, chilly powder and water in a bowl. Blend all the ingredients together well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add the ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, cardamoms and fry over low heat. Now add the yoghurt mixture and increase the heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the prawns and continue to stir-fry until the prawns have heated through or until they are cooked(if they are raw) and the sauce is quite thick. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with chapatis.
1. Paprika gives a good rich color to the curry without aadding extra heat. 2. Do not let the prawns overcook in the sauce or they will toughen.