Creamy prawn curry
Recipe type: Curries
This creamy prawn curry is a north Indian delicacy. Eat it with Jeera Rice.
- 1 kg large prawns
- 2 large onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsps single cream
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Grind the onions, tomatoes, 2 green chillies into a fine paste in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the paste to it. Fry for a minute.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for another minute.
- Add the spices and brown masala till the oil begins to separate from it.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 2 minutes only.
- Turn off the fire and stir in the cream.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Jeera Rice or plain boiled rice.