Ragi Flour Uttapam - Ragi Pindi Rotti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Ragi flour is mixed with idli batter to make a loose batter. The batter is then poured onto hot flat pan and layered with spices and grated carrot. The uttapam is then cooked on low flame till its cooked well. Serve ragi flour uttapam with your choice of pickle or raita.
- Ragi Flour ½ Cup
- Idli Batter 1 Cup
- Carrot 1 Small
- Green Chiles 1
- Cilantro few Sprigs
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Mix together ragi flour, idli batter and salt into smooth batter adding minimum amount of water.
- Let the batter sit for around 15 minutes.
- Peel, remove ends, wash and grate the carrot.
- Remove stems, wash and finely chop the green chiles.
- Wash, separate leaves and finely chop the cilantro.
- Heat a pan on medium – low heat, pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan.
- Layer the rotti with grated carrot, cilantro and cumin seeds.
- Cook covered on low flame till ragi flour uttapam is roasted on bottom side.
- Uncover, pour quarter tsp of oil and turn over the ragi uttapam on other side.
- Cook again on low flame for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve ragi flour uttapam with your choice of pickle or raita.
Make sure insides of the uttapam is cooked well. Suggestions: If ragi flour uttapam is not cooked properly, put it back on heat and cook covered on low flame till done.