Dosa with Roasted Gram Powder
Recipe type: Breakfast
Roasted Gram / Putnala Pappu is ground into fine powder along with spices. Dosa batter is prepared with urad dal and rice flour. The batter is made into somewhat thin dosa and layered with prepared roasted gram powder. Once the dosa is cooked and is in light golden in color, it is immediately served.
- Urad Dal ½ Cup
- Rice Flour 1 Cup
- Roasted Gram / Dalia ¼ Cup
- Red Chile Powder ¾ tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Soak urad dal in water for around 3 hours.
- Refresh the urad dal in fresh water and grind it into fine paste adding enough water.
- Remove the urad dal onto a mixing bowl, add rice flour and salt.
- Mix everything thoroughly and keep covered in a dark place for 6 – 8 hours.
- Grind roasted gram with red chile powder and salt into fine powder using a spice blender.
- Heat a flat pan on medium – high heat.
- Pour a ladle full of fermented dosa batter and spread with back of the ladle in circular motion into thin dosa.
- Layer the dosa with around a tablespoon of the prepared roasted gram powder and cumin seeds.
- Pour around quarter tsp of oil around the dosa and fry till it turns golden brown in color.
- Carefully remove the dosa from heat.
- Alternatively, turn the dosa on other side and cook for few seconds to crisp up a little.
- Repeat the same with remaining batter.
- Also, store the dosa batter covered in a refrigerator for couple more days.
- Serve dosa with roasted gram powder with chutney of your choice.
Make sure the dosa is made thin else cook on other side. Suggestions: Adjust the roasted gram powder and red chile powder to taste.