Layered Burrata Cheese and Tomatoes
Recipe type: Appetiser
Burrata is a special type of cheese made with mozzarella and cream. This unusual Italian cheese has a soft texture and fresh flavour, which combines beautifully with breads as well as veggies. In this innovative starter, tomato slices are layered with burrata cheese and flavoured elegantly with herbs and sea salt. The Layered Burrata Cheese and Tomatoes is a wonderful recipe to serve as a starter at parties. Make sure you choose firm red tomatoes, so that the slices retain their shape. Also, serve immediately after preparation or it will release water. Try other recipe using Burrata cheese like Burrata Cheese and Cherry Tomato Crostini or Burrata Cheese and Garlic Crostini .
- 12 tsp burrata cheese
- 16 thick tomato slices
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup basil , torn into pieces
- sea salt (khada namak) and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Place a tomato slice on a flat serving plate, spread 1 tsp of burrata cheese evenly over it.
- Place some basil leaves evenly over it, pour ¼ tsp of olive oil evenly over it and finally sprinkle little sea salt and pepper powder evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to stack 2 more layers on it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.